NextPhase Medical Devices LLC is a fast growing, contract manufacturer of single use and electromechanical medical devices, with facilities in Rochester, NH, Mansfield, MA, Waldwick, NJ and Tijuana, Mexico.
Based in our Mansfield, MA facility, the Electrical Engineer will architect, design and develop electronic systems for electromechanical medical devices and systems. The Electrical Engineer will be responsible for all phases of the product development cycle including: specifications development, architecture and technology selection, risk assessment, design feasibility, detail design and design verification.
- Specify electronic systems requirements and specify/justify electronics architecture.
- Conduct technical risk analysis and FMEA.
- Design electronic system prototypes (SBC’s, microcontrollers, wireless, motors, sensors, power, wiring, displays).
- Conduct prototype testing to established requirements.
- Perform design verification for system performance and safety per requirements and standards.
- Integrate electronics design into final system.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience developing electronic systems.
- Expertise selecting and designing with microcontrollers for real time embedded applications.
- Experience working with OrCad EDA tools for schematic generation and simulation.
- Experience in analog circuit design and signal conditioning.
- Experience working with electronic test tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzer, multimeter or Lab View.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledgeable of UL/IEC60601-1 electrical safety and IEC60601-1-2 EMC standards and experience working with NRTL to gain certifications.