NextPhase Medical Devices LLC is a fast-growing, engineering design and contract manufacturer of single-use and electromechanical medical devices, with facilities in Rochester, NH, Mansfield, MA, Waldwick, NJ, and Tijuana, Mexico.
Based in our Mansfield, MA facility, the Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for various aspects of product development including mechanical design, materials procurement, feasibility hardware fabrication, and development and execution of characterization testing. The ideal candidate will be collaborative and work with the team to design and characterize innovative medical devices and assist with product testing validation.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Participation in the mechanical design and development of various medical devices.
- Generate solid models, drawings, and specifications.
- Prepare and execute characterization and environmental tests to verify the design and performance of the devices.
- Interface with vendors for critical component and tool qualification.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Technology.
- 5+ years of product design/development experience.
- Experience with injection molding, metal forming, welding, and other metal joining methods.
- Must have experience using Solid works.
- Experience in manufacturing desired.
- A working understanding of FDA QSR and ISO-13485 principles.