NextPhase Medical Devices LLC is a fast-growing, engineering design contract manufacturer of single-use and electromechanical medical devices, with facilities in Rochester, NH, Mansfield, MA, Waldwick, NJ, and Tijuana, Mexico.
Based in our Mansfield, MA facility, the Software Engineer will develop, verify and validate the software contained in electromechanical medical devices and systems.
- Architect, design, code and implement software for embedded systems.
- Participate in the development and selection of system architectures and technologies.
- Develop and execute test software to verify the design and performance of the device software.
- Participate in software validation activities including code reviews and validation test documentation development.
- Assist in hardware bring-up and debug.
- Participate in the development of software requirements, specifications and risk assessments.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Software Engineering or related discipline.
- 3+ years of software development experience with at least two years developing code in C/C++.
- Experience with SQL and database structures.
- Experience with C# and GUI implementations.
- Experience with Bootloader design and implementations.
- Knowledge of ethernet and associated protocols (TCP/IP, EIP, BOOTP, SNMP, SNTP, etc.).
- Knowledge of ARM based, DSP and mixed signal (MSP430 or similar) microcontroller embedded environments.
- Experience using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Prior experience in the medical device industry, including understanding of IEC 62304, IEEE software development standards and FDA software guidance preferred.